The Botany Bay building is a two-storey Georgian revival building in the east end of Trinity College Dublin. This Leinster granite building was designed by William Cecil Marshall and built by H. & J. Martin, and opened in 1907. A single-storey herbarium was added to the east end in 1912. The building was repointed in a lime mortar along with pieced-in stone repairs to failed elements of the granite ashlar masonry. The building was gently cleaned using a steam cleaning system to remove temperature-sensitive and general surface accumulation soiling.